Wednesday, February 7, 2018

You Octopi My Heart - CTD479

It’s time for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge.  We have the perfect colors to create all of those Valentines you’ll need for next week.  Before I get to my card, I’d like to welcome this month’s CTD guest designer, Claire. 
For my card, I used the Lawn Fawn stamp set Octopi My Heart along with the coordinating Octopi My Heart dies.  I started out with a white card base, then added a panel of hibiscus burst and a strip of smoky shadow cardstock then tied on a piece of red bakers twine.  Next I cut a square piece of watercolor paper and watercolored using some  red ladybug watercolor (it looks purple in the picture, don’t know why).  After my watercoloring was dry I used my Misti tool to stamp my sentiment and bubbles. Then I stamped the heart and octopus images and colored them with Copic markers and adhered them onto my watercolored square, popping up the octopus with foam tape. I adhered my watercolored square onto a red die cut Stitched Mini Scallop Square and added it to my card with foam tape. For some detail, I added some Glossy Accents to the bubbles, some white gel pen and added some dots of silver glitter pen throughout the watercolored background.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Claire - February Guest Designer

No comments: