Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Jawsome Valentines

Hi friends!  I’ve had some more Valentine’s to share that I’ve made but haven’t had time to edit and post and now tomorrow is Valentine’s Day already. So today I’m sharing some boy themed Valentines that I created using the Lawn Fawn stamp set Duh-nuh.  I’m also entering these Valentines into the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge which is all about getting creative with ink.
 I wanted two of the same card to give as Valentines tomorrow and I started out by stamping all of my images from the Duh-nuh set, along with the heart from the Octopi my Heart set, and then I colored them using Copic markers.  Next I die cut my stamped images using the coordinating Duh-nuh dies and set them aside.  After that, I used a white card base, added a polka dot panel of hawaiian shores and a strip of orange zest polka dot paper.  Then on to a Outside In Stitched Rectangle, I used some hawaiian shores ink and tropical teal ink to create a watercolored background for my stamped images. Once that was dry, I used my Misti tool to stamp my sentiments. For the Valentine sentiment, I used the Happy, Happy, Happy Add On set and masked out the apostrophe and the S. After that I added my images, popping up the shark and gold fish and added that panel to my card base using foam tape.

Lawn Fawn - Clear Acrylic Stamps - Duh-nuh



Lawn Fawn - Clear Acrylic Stamps - Octopi My Heart

Lawn Fawn - Lawn Cuts - Dies - Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackables

Lawn Fawn - Clear Acrylic Stamps - Happy Happy Happy Add-On

3 comments:

Nancy K said...

Seriously adorable card design, Lynn! There's just something about a blue and orange color combo that makes me smile! I'm so happy you joined the Inky Fingers challenge at Lawn Fawnatics!

Samantha Mann said...

squeeeeee!!! that background is soooo gorgeous!!! i'm in LOOOOOVE!! and that shark couldn't be any cuter!! Thank you SO MUCH for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :)

Scarlett said...

Oh I love it!
The complementary colours really make the fish stand out and the technique used for the background is just perfect for this card! It really looks like water! It reminds me of the ocean in the south of France in August :)