Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Fairy Happy - (CTD456)

Hi there, crafty friends!  It's Wednesday and time for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge #456!
For my card, I used the sweet My Favorite Things stamp set, Fairy Happy along with the coordinating Fairy Happy Die-namics to create a birthday card.
I started out by die cutting my main panel using the Lawn Fawn Outside-In Stitched Rectangle Stackables dies.  I then blended on some mustard seed distress ink and then using the new MFT Plentiful Petals stamp set from the All Smiles Card Kit I stamped the daisy flowers from the set randomly in yellow ink, stamping off some of the flowers before stamping on my panel. Next I stamped the two fairy images and three of the little bees and colored them using Copic markers then die cut them out.  I laid out my images and then stamped the bee lines and then adhered all of my images, using foam tape for the fairies.  I stamped my sentiment onto a die cut Stitched Sentiment Strips and added that along the bottom right of my card.  As a final touch, I added some Wink of Stella glitter pen to the fairies and bees and some Icicle Stickles glitter to the wings on the fairies.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Sheri Gilson - August Guest Designer


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.







6 comments:

Lisa H. said...

what a sweet fairy card. I love how they are floating around with the yellow floral background. so cute!

Jeanne said...

Oh golly, this made me smile. What a sweet and delightful card! Thanks for sharing! :)

Brawny x said...

What a gorgeous cardvx

Stampingcountry said...

Well, aren't they sweet! I especially love your background on this card.

JoAnn said...

Adorable little fairies. Love your sweet card.

ElizStewart said...

Lynn... your fairies are too cute! Thanks for the invite to join Color Throwdown this week!