Wednesday, June 21, 2017

My Favorite Things Guest Designer

Today I'm excited to share that I was asked to do a few guest designer post for My Favorite Things.  This is the second time I've been asked to guest design for MFT and a true honor.  So for my first post, I'm sharing some colorful and fun cards that I've created using products from this month's MFT release.

For my first card, I wanted to come up with something different using the You're A-maze-ing stamp set and thought it would be fun to combine the set For Owl You Do and You're A-maze-ing set to make an OWL-maze-ing card.  I started out with a white piece of cardstock, cut to a card front size, and using my Misti tool I lined up all of the owl stamps in different directions and stamped them in black ink.  Next I used a Stitched Scallop Basic Edges die and die cut the bottom edge of my stamped piece.  For the bottom of my card, I stamped the You're A-maze-ing sentiment in black ink onto a piece of yellow cardstock cut to size and adhered it to my card front. Then on a piece of black cardstock, I stamped and heat embossed in white just part of the For Owl You Do sentiment, trimmed it down, matted it and adhered it over the A of the A-maze-ing portion of my sentiment.  Next I added a horizontal strip of black cardstock and my stamped and die cut Maze with a popped up yellow die cut heart in the center.  On top of that, I added an owl which I stamped and colored with Copic markers and die cut using the coordinating For Owl You Do Die-namics (he looks like a cape crusader doesn't he?).  As a final touch, I added some colorful enamel dots.
For my second card, I used the cute new Ocean Fun stamp set to create a shaker thank you card.  I started out by doing some ink blending for my background onto a piece of white cardstock.  I used blueprint sketch, mermaid lagoon, peacock feathers and tumbled glass distress inks.  I stamped the sea-life images in primary colors, die cut them out using the coordinating Ocean Fun Die-namics and added them to my ink blended panel.  Once my fish were adhered, I added googlie eyes to all the images and  I stamped some bubbles and small fish in the background.  Next I stamped two sentiments, one from the Ocean Fun set onto a Stitched Sentiment Strips and the thank you from the For Owl You Do set onto white cardstock which I cut down and made into a sign that the crab is holding.  To create my shaker, I used the Single Stitched Line Rectangle Frames die and foam tape and filled the shaker with iridescent and silver sequins.
For my third and final card for today, I used the adorable Birdie Brown set, Party Like a Pirate.  The first thing I did to create my card was to stamp some of the images and color them using Copic markers and then die cut them out using the coordinating Party Like a Pirate Die-namics.  To create my small scene, I blended on some mermaid lagoon distress ink (appropriate huh?) onto a die cut circle and added my images with foam tape.  Under my images I added my sentiment which I stamped onto a die cut Essential Fishtail Sentiment Strip.  For my card base, I used a piece of red cardstock which I
randomly stamped with the skull image from the set with red ink and a strip of black cardstock and since I didn't have black and white striped paper, I made my own using the Diagonal Stripes Stencil and black ink.
Thanks so much for stopping by!

3 comments:

Luanne said...

You're amazing Lynn. These are all fantastic!

Happy Little Crafter said...

You are one talented paper crafter and designer! I love your work done with such expert skill and those professional touches that put your cards in a league of their own! TFS!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMG these are all so super cute