Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Bold Blooms - (CTD424)


Hello and Happy New Year!  I hope your holidays were enjoyable.  I'm here with my first card of the year and after two weeks of organizing everything in my craft studio I'm ready to get stamping!
The Color Throwdown Challenge is back for the new year with a brand new challenge and we hope you'll play along.  Our guest designer joining us for the month of January is the talented Leigh Penner, welcome Leigh.
For Christmas I received some fun new stamping supplies (I hope you did too) and the My Favorite Things Bold Blooms stamp set and Bold Blooms Die-namics were the first thing I dove into.  Who can resist a pretty floral stamp set?
For my card, I started out with a white card base, then added a black panel which I die cut using a Inside & Out Stitched Rectangle Die-namics and embossed using the Split Chevron Cover-up die.  Next I die cut two of the thanks from the Thanks & Hello Die-namics, one from white cardstock and one from pixie pink cardstock (SU), blending some pink passion ink along the bottom and glued them together slightly shifted and added it to my card front.  After that I stamped my flowers in pixie pink ink (rocking & rolling my largest flower in pixie pink and pink passion) and stamped my stems and leaves in simply chartreuse ink and die cut them all then arranged them and adhered them to my card front, popping up the largest flower with foam tape.  To add a bit of sparkle, I added one large silver sparkle rhinestone to the center of my large flower and two smaller ones on background.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Leigh Penner - January Guest Designer


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.
Pin It

6 comments:

Happy Dance said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! LOVE the black embossed panel behind those brightly colored flowers and leaves. So very pretty!! : ) Bev

Gerry said...

This is so gorgeous!! that pink really pops against the blackground

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

This immediately caught my eye on Flickr so I had to come over and pin it! So stunning! :)

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, this is such a gorgeous floral design! It really pops in the gallery! Way to rock the colors!

ljcasselman said...

I liked your card so much I CASEd it tonight. Thanks for the inspiration.

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous, Lynn! I love it!