Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Make a Wish - (CTD423)

Hello!  It's time for a new Color Throwdown Challenge!
For my card, I decided to make an easel card which I haven't done in quite some time. I used the My Favorite Things stamp set Celebrate with Cake along with the coordinating Celebrate with Cake Die-namics.  I started out by cutting and scoring my card base and then die cutting all of my pieces.  Next I stamped the cake stand in going grey ink and the layers of cake using pure poppy, raspberry fizz and hibiscus burst.  The flowers I stamped using pure poppy and the leaves in limeade ice.  For the stitched die cut square that I used for my background, I did some ombre inking starting out with the pure poppy at the bottom, working in some raspberry fizz and then toward the top some hibiscus burst.  Then I used the flower stamp and stamped on top of the inked background in the coordinating ink colors.  For a little detail, I added some red rhinestones to the centers of the flowers and some yellow Stickles to the candle flames.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Leigh Penner & Kim Singdahlsen - December Guest Designers


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

Pin It

2 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this, Lynn! Super sweet take on the colour challenge!

Wanda Cullen said...

Gorgeous easel card! Some birthday person is totally going to LOVE this design!