Thursday, October 13, 2016

Fall Fun Week! - Day 4

Hi there!  It's Fall Fun Week - Day 4 and today I've got a fall card that I created using this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge #302.
For my card today, I used the My Favorite Things Hello Die-namics along with the cute stamp set Fall Friends and Fall Friends Die-namics and for my sentiment I used one of my favorites, Label Maker Sentiments.  I wanted to do something different using the Hello Die-namics, so I decided to make my own designer paper to die cut my hello die.  I used a variety of fall colored Copic markers to create a plaid pattern onto white cardstock (I would advise using a ruler to draw your Copic lines unlike what I did), I used the chiseled tip of the marker instead of the brush tip to make my lines.  This could work where you could make any pattern and die cut the letters from, dots, squiggles you name it, it's fun!  Once my hello letters where die cut, I die cut the letters again from a heaver weight white cardstock and glued them together.  For the top portion of my card I used watercolor paper and blended on some wild honey distress ink.  For the bottom portion of my card, I used the MFT Chevron Grid Stencil and stenciled on some canyon craze ink over canyon craze cardstock.  For my horizontal strip I used some chocolate chip cardstock and die cut a portion of the Single Stitched Rectangle Frame and adhered it along the top of my strip.  The fun finishing touches where to add my stamped, colored and die cut owl and leaves along with my friend sentiment.  I also added some Glossy Accents to the owls eyes as a little detail.
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you'll pop in tomorrow for my next Fall Fun card!

Pin It

3 comments:

KimCreate said...

Wow, so super! Your plaid is great, I like it imperfect. So cute with the owl perched on top.

I Card Everyone said...

HELLOOOO beautiful plaid!!! OH so cute, Lynn!
=] Michele

mummsie said...

I think its lovely. I'll brave it like you, without the ruler, i like the serendipity of it!!