Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Sweet Birthday Wishes - (CTD412)

Hello crafty friends!  It's Wednesday and time for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge!
For my card I used the My Favorite Things stamp set, Celebrate With Cake along with the coordinating Celebrate With Cake Die-namics.  I started out a white card base, then added a panel of berry sorbet cardstock with a piece of designer paper from the MFT Dots & Stripes Sorbet paper pack which I die cut using one of the Stitched Scallop Basic Edges    Die-namics.  For my focal point, I die cut an oval of watercolor paper and blended on some broken china distress ink then added some flecks of water using a paint brush.  On top of that I added my stamped and die cut cake, flowers and cake stand which I stamped in raspberry fizz, gray, berry sorbet and new leaf.  The whole oval piece was attached to my card front using foam tape and then I added my sentiment banner with flower below.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Karren Johnson - September Guest Designer


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

Pin It

3 comments:

Karren said...

This is beautiful and a fabulous way to incorporate the challenge colors!

HJ said...

What a really bright, fun birthday card. I love the blue background for the pink cake and the sweet flowers. So cute!!

Cindy Groh said...

This is so pretty.