Thursday, March 31, 2016

You're a PURRFECT FRIEND

Hello there, crafty friends!  I hope your week is going well.  Today I have a card that I created for two of the My Favorite Things Challenges, the MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge #274 (which I flipped) and the MFT Color Challenge.

For my card I thought it would be so fun to combine two of the MFT stamp sets, Cat-itude and Tweet Friends along with the coordinating Die-namics dies to create a friendship card.  I started out by die cutting and stamping my three images and then coloring them using Copic markers.  Next I die cut a square of watercolor paper and watercolored in some peacock distress ink.  While that was drying, I die cut some clouds and using the same peacock distress ink I sponged on some color along the bottom of each cloud.  Next I stamped my sentiment onto a strip of berry sorbet cardstock and attached it to the bottom of my watercolored square along with the little flower, clouds, bird and popped up cat.  Once my scene was put together, I adhered it to a piece of pure poppy cardstock which I stenciled using the MFT Diagonal Bars stencil.
Thanks for visiting!
Pin It

3 comments:

Alanna said...

Super cute card. I love your shading on the cat.

Andrea W said...

Adorable kitty card! I really like your watercoloring behind the image. Very pretty!

Susan R. Opel said...

Thought you might like to see this!

http://bit.ly/MFTCC42Reminder

Susan R. Opel
Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things