Thursday, March 3, 2016

Skating By...

Hi there friends! Happy Thursday!  Today I have three cards that I created using the new Avery Elle Skating By stamp set and dies.  This is the first time I've ever ordered anything from Avery Elle, I've never used their stamps before and I have to tell you I'm impressed.  Ordering and delivery was easy and quick and the stamps needed no conditioning and stamped like a dream.  
I saw this Skating By set months ago and fell in love with how cute and versatile it was, this set comes with several pieces you can interchange to create different scenes, it's so girly and super fun (I only stamped a few of the possibilities for my cards today).
I kept the cards that I created today fairly simple with the focus on the stamped images.  For each card, I die cut the skater girl and colored her with Copic markers.  It doesn't show up in the pictures but after coloring each girl, I used my wink of stella glitter brush and added glitter to the bows, skates  and little bracelets.  I paired each skater girl with coordinating designer paper from my stash and die cut a scallop border edge.  For the red headed skater girl, I used the cute dash hound dog, for the blonde I used the balloons and the brunette the bubbles which I used Glossy Accents on to make them look wet.
I'm going to be adding these cards to the small pile of cards I've created to send to the Cards for Hospitalized Kids.  This cause is dear to my heart ever since my youngest son was hospitalized to have a tumor removed from his spine.  While he was in the hospital (a week and a half total) any little thing to bring him joy and make him smile made staying there seem a little better, so if I can do the thing I love and make cards for kids that are stuck in the hospital, I'm going to do it (I usually create cards for this cause with my family after Thanksgiving dinner at our house but this year we weren't able to that).  While my son was in the hospital, I stayed there with him and while I was there I had the opportunity to talk to some of the nurses who told me that some kids come into the hospital and once their parent drops them off, the parents don't return for days which is heart breaking. God bless nurses everywhere.
Once I have enough cards created I'm going to send them in.  I only wish I had more stamps and cards for boys, most of my stamps and cards are floral or girly. I'll have to remedy that ;)
These cards were SO FUN to create!

Pin It

4 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

These are so sweet, Lynn! Very fun cards!

Brawny x said...

These are gorgeous cards.

Melissa Sibert said...

Lynn, I totally understand about childhood hospitalization. My youngest son had a tumor removed in his brain about 3 1/2 years ago. I can't imagine not being there with him, and I know so many children could use some cheer when they are in the hospital. I would love to make some boy cards for you to send in if you want. Let me know where to send them, and I'll work on some.

My boys and I do a childhood cancer fundraiser each year to send to our amazing Children's Hospital pediatric cancer research department. I make lots of cards, gift sets, and baked goods that I auction off to raise funds. It is fun to give back to those who helped you during a tough time.

Love seeing your amazing card creations. I have CASed a few.

Diana K said...

Lynn, so stinkin' cute with a capital C! Love how you've kept the cards clean and fresh with the full focus on your images. And I'm so jealous of your Copic colouring.