Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Hello Sunshine - CTD#377

Hello there!  Hope you're having a good day!  It's Wednesday and time for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge.  Our hostess for this week is Lisa who chose this fantastic color palette and inspiration photo.
For my card I used the Papertrey Ink stamp sets Noted, Rosie Posie and Rosie Posie Step 2 along with the coordinating dies.  I started out with a white card base, added a kraft panel then a panel of watercolor paper that I had watercolored using mustard seed distress ink.  Once that was dried, I stamped the hexagon image from the Rosie Posie set in gray ink onto my watercolored panel, stamping once fully inked and the second time stamped off.  Once my background was finished, I stamped my sunshine sentiment in the lower right corner and added my die cut and stamped rose with leaves, popping up the rose with foam adhesive and then added my die cut Hello which was die cut several times from charcoal gray card stock and layered together.  To finish off my card, I added a few silver sequins.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rysary - January Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.
Pin It

7 comments:

Lisa H. said...

oh Lynn! this is fantastic!! that giant flower is gorgeous.

Lin said...

Wow, what a beauty, Lynn! Love all this gorgeous yellow!

Joan Ervin said...

What a gorgeous backgeound, Lynn, and I looove your big beautiful flower...fabulous design!!!!

Susi said...

Love the Rosie Posie flower in yellows! And that grunge/distressed background ... oh my!

Amy Rohl said...

LOVE this card, Lynn! You nailed that color combo, which I love and NEED to play with! Thanks for awesome inspiration!

Marisa said...

Fabulously done!

Wanda Cullen said...

Gorgeous card that just radiates sunshine! Love your artsy background!