Saturday, February 14, 2015

Simply Jane - {PTI/C4C#273}

 Happy Valentine's Day!!!  
This week over at the Crazy-4-Challenges site we'll be celebrating Amethyst (the color purple), the birth stone for February.  So for my card, I decided to combine the C4C challenge which is to use the color purple and another of the Papertrey Ink Anniversary Challenges, the one where you are asked to create a card using several different floral sets to create a bouquet.  
I added in the PTI Simply Jane stamp set to give my card a romantic look with the silhouette of the man and women and with the filagree frame around them.  And even though my bouquet is not that large, I used several different floral stamp sets to complete it.  I used The Sweet Life for the roses, Delightful Dahlia Additions and Happy Hydrangea.  I also die cut and stamped a few leaf branches from the Embellished Elegance stamp set for along side the frame.  It's difficult to tell by these photos, but I used the PTI ink Limeade Ice for the leaves and the SU colors Orchid Opulence, Lavender Lace and Elegant Eggplant for the frame and flowers.  I'll have to try and re-shoot these pictures with natural daylight to capture the true colors because they look more blue here than purple.
Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has created:
I hope you're spending time with someone you love!

Pin It

3 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

This card is so pretty - what a perfect PERFECT card for the challenge!

Luanne said...

This is so wonderful! And I'm jealous of how you got your Delightful Dahlias lined up. I still can't do that! :)

Kay Miller said...

Wowza! Purple is my favorite color and these look just beautiful!! Such a lovely bouquet of flowers and really neat design here!