Sunday, January 20, 2013

SSSC#176 - Bee Mine

 Hi there and good morning!  It's time for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #176.  Our talented  Sweet Sunday Sketch team member Vicki Burdick designed today's sketch and I know you're going to love it as much as I do.
 For my card I used the Papertrey Ink stamp set Honey Bee to create a Valentine's Day card.  I decided to go with a square card instead of a standard sized card.  I used some retired SU designer paper, a Martha Steward scallop border punch, Nestabilite dies and some PTI flower and banner dies.  The bee was stamped in black and pretty in pink ink, then glittered up and cut out and as a finishing touch to my card I added a heart button with bakers twine and two heart stick pins.
Be sure to visit each of the Sweet Sunday Stampers below for more samples using the SSS sketch!

Karen Motz: Paper Playhouse 
Sarah-Jane Kale': Janeybell 
Vicki Burdick: It's a Stamp Thing
Karen Giron: The Sweetest Thing
Dawn Easton: Treasure Oiler Designz 
Jackie Pedro: The Scalloped Edge
Lori Tecler: Inking Aloud
Melissa Hubert: My Paper Obsession
Tracy Clemente: Eat Sleep Stamp
Jacquie Southas - What Did I Do Today? - Our Sweet Sunday Guest Stamper
 
Pin It

14 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

eek! I love the bee in pink!!! So cute!!! Brilliant idea, Lynn!

Tracy said...

OMG Lynn how fabulous this looks squared!! I love every inch of this.

Karen Giron said...

LOVE the bold reds - wow! Such a cute card and the little heart pins add so much to the little button flower. Stunning!

Dana White said...

Lynn what a great valentines image. Very sweet card

Tracey McNeely said...

Lynn your card is just beautiful, love the pink and red combo!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the glittery pink bee & the embellishment cluster is perfect!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Who would think of a pink bee?? I LOVE IT!!! This card is perfectly pink and pretty!! XO Thanks for the good wishes...I'm alive...barely!

Karen Motz said...

I'm loving your pink bee! It's so fresh and sparkly!

Kelly Schelske said...

Super cute Lynn!!

Lori said...

Love the bee in that unexpected pink color! So sweet.

Vicki Burdick said...

Super cute Lynn, so love those papers and cute bee!! Adorable!!!!

Vicki Stys said...

OMG... that pink bee is so cute!!! What a fun valentine card, Lynn!

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is darling, Lynn! LOVE the pink bee, and the flower and stick pin embellishment!

Patrice said...

Great take on the sketch...I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/01/52-card-pickup-24.html?m=1