Monday, December 24, 2012

Happy Retirement

Merry Christmas!  I haven't posted here on my blog within this past week because like most of you I've been busy getting ready for Christmas and taking a bit of a break from blogging.  The card I have for today isn't a Christmas card, it's a retirement card but it still sends the message I'd like to convey which is to take some time during this busy holiday season to relax, to have a few peaceful moments and to reflect on what you have to be grateful for.
This card was for a card order and was created for a woman that was retiring and who enjoys reading.  I used the My Favorite Things stamp set Well Read and the PTI stamp set Mega Mixed Messages for the sentiment.  The couch in the image was paper pieced with the rest of the image colored using Copic markers.  I love this image because reading is one of my favorite things to do other than creating cards of course.
 As always thank you for your visit and I hope your holidays are filled with love and laughter.
 
Pin It

2 comments:

Luanne said...

Merry Christmas Lynn. Wishing you a very blessedChristmas too!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

What a great card for a retirement! Love it! Best wishes for a very happy new year Lynn! Can't wait to see what you craft up in 2013! Thank YOU SOOOO much for the card. I cherish it! XOXO