Wednesday, September 26, 2012

CTD#211 - Happy Bird-day

It's time for the Color Throwdown #211!  Our hostess this week is Wanda who has some wonderful colors for us to create with.
For my card I was missing a few of the colors for this week's challenge so I substituted for what I had.  I didn't have Summer Starfruit or Sahara Sand so I opted for Kiwi Kiss and Natural Ivory instead.  The colors that Wanda chose could be used in so many ways as you'll see by the design team samples.  You could keep it serene like the inspiration photo or play it up and use the colors to make a fun Halloween, fall or in my case a birthday card.  I used the Papertrey Ink stamp sets Bitty Bird & Bitty Bird Additions along with the coordinating dies and Think Big Favorites #12 for my sentiment.
Supplies: Think Big Favorites #12, Bitty Bird, Bitty Bird Additions + dies, My Mind's Eye designer paper, Simple Stripes Impressions Plate, Mat Stack die, Heart border die, Ribbon, Scallop border punch, Buttons, Bakers twine, Foam tape.
 
Be sure to check out what the other design team members have come up with for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge!
 
Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits
Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Joan Ervin - Stamping With Passion
Lori Tecler - Inking Aloud
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
Wanda Cullen - Cullen-ary Creations
Kerri Michaud - Cards by Kerri
Denise Marzec - The Paper Landscaper
Sherry Cheever - Walkin' on the Bad Side! - our September Guest Designer
Pin It

9 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Love your take on the colors, Lynn, and that heart border is one of my fave dies! Beautiful birthday card!

Kerri said...

This is darling, Lynn! I love how you stamped the fence with the sentiment over the top, and those birdies are so sweet!

Tammy E. said...

Absolutely adorable.

Vicki Stys said...

So tweet, Lynn! LOL : ) Great job on the color challenge, love the bird placement and how you stamped the sentiment over the fence. Awesome details, as usual!

Lori said...

What a fun birthday card, Lynn! Love how you stamped the sentiment over the fence.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Lynn, this is adorable! The little fence is so cute with the birdies and sentiment and I love the buttons with the bakers twine!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Hi Lynn! So pretty! I really like how you used the hearts die in the same color as the paper underneath - great look! The whold card is so cheery! :-)

Joyce said...

This is just so cute. I love how you used those Bitty Bird sets. I need to make one just like it!

Joan Ervin said...

Your little birds are sooo cute, Lynn, and I just love the heart border!!! Oh my, now I have more things to add to my wish list!!!!!