Wednesday, May 16, 2012

CTD192 - Happy Birthday Mother

It's time for the Color Throwdown Challenge
Tammy is our hostess for this week and she's chosen some beautiful colors and a pretty inspiration photo to go along with them.
The card that I created is for a customer of mine who wanted a birthday card for her mother who is a quilter/sewer.  So I attemped to give my card a quilted/sewing theme with quilt squares, sewing pins and buttons. I used the colors from this week's challenge and also used the sketch from the Retro Sketches Challenge #11 for my layout.  I started out my card with a melon mambo card base, stamped the "mother" sentiment from the PTI stamp set Mega Mixed Messages in the lower right corner then stamped the Medallions background.  For the quilt squares I stamped one square using the Rosie Posie stamp set, another using the Daydreamer set with orange flowers and the other two using Bitty Background Blocks with gingham and polka dots.  Then I embossed the squares using two different embossing folders.
Supplies: Rosie Posie & Dies, Bitty Background Blocks & die, Daydreamer, Mega Mixed Messages, Birthday Basics, Medallion background, Filigree border die, Ribbon, Embossing folders, Buttons, Sewing pins, Foam tape.

Be sure to check out what the other design team members have come up with for this week's Color Throwdown challenge!

Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits
Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Danielle Kennedy - Wild Dragonfly Designs
Joan Ervin - Stamping With Passion
Kristin Eberline - Mindless Creativity
Lori Tecler - Inking Aloud
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
Wanda Cullen - Cullen-ary Creations
Kerri Michaud - Cards by Kerri
Kittie Caracciolo - Kittie Kraft - as our May Guest Designer

I hope you'll take the time to play along with the CTD challenge this week!



Pin It

13 comments:

Vicki Stys said...

Dang, Lynn... this is just stunning!!!! I just have to laugh because I'm getting ready to place my PTI release order and now I'm rethinking it... you're such an enabler ; ) Love it!

jjcreations said...

Wow - fun bright card. I love all the texture!!!!!

dpkennedy said...

This is so pretty! I love the quilt layout and that bold and beautiful flower!

Wanda Cullen said...

WOW!! This is gorgeous, Lynn! Love the quilted squares in the BG and the buttons just add to the sewing theme! What a special birthday card!

Annheidel said...

Your card is so pretty! I never think to use embossing folders on stamped paper. Must try it!

Kittie said...

This is beautiful. I love the repeat of the rose on the textured layer.

Mynn xx said...

OH my word. This is STUNNING!!! LOVE all the dry embossing--may I CASE you?!

Dawn Easton said...

Lynn, this is gorgeous! Love those embossed squares and the pretty floral image. Must visit PTI this weekend...lol thanks for enabling!

Broni said...

How unique and ultra-feminine, Lynn! It's gorgeous! Love the way the white just pops!!

Joan Ervin said...

This is beautiful, Lynn...love how you added the texture to the quilt blocks and the flowers are sooo pretty!!!!

Lori said...

This is gorgeous, Lynn! You definitely achieved a sewing/quilting look and feel here--just beautiful!

Barbara said...

I love this! The quilted background is perfection! Everything ties in together so well! Gorgeous card!

Tammy Hershberger said...

LOVE this design, Lynn! I think you nailed it with the sewing/quilting theme, and used these colors beautifully!