Thursday, April 19, 2012

DS47 - A Little Bird Told Me...

Hello peeps and happy Thursday! 
Today I'm sharing a birthday card that I created for a card order I've been working on. 
I love a good sketch to give me a starting point when it comes to creating a card so I used the Deconstructed Sketch #47 for my layout and turned it on it's side.  Another great source of inspiration for me other than surfing the many talented bloggers out there on the web is Pinterest (a virtual cork board for things you like).  One of pin boards I have on Pinterest is a board just for things that give me ideas for stamping things like photos, posters, ad work, different print work and more.  When I saw THIS fun print created by Suzanne Carpenter, I knew just which stamps I could use to try and recreate this cute scene.
For my card I used the Papertrey Ink stamp sets Tea for Two Additions plus the teacup die, Little Bitty Bird and die and Little Bitty Bird Additions.  I die cut and stamped all three of the teacups and the bird (like how he covers the hole in the top of the tag?) and added foam tape to just the bottom two teacups as I stacked them together.  I added a little detail to each of the teacups with punched pieces and buttons to add some fun, I think this card has a bit of a folkart-sy look to it with the colors and layout.
Usually I don't photograph the insides of my cards because to be honest even though I always end up stamping the inside and the envelope there's usually not that much to look at.  But today I thought why not (yes that's a roll of sewing pins holding my card in place, lol).
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!

11 comments:

Jen Shults said...

This is so cute! I love those little tea cups and your papers are so so cute! Love that button right in the middle. Thanks so much for using a Deconstructed Sketch!

Cassi said...

what a great take on the sketch. love your choice of colors, your paper pieced cups, and the beautiful inside of your card!

Karen C. said...

This is a fun and colourful card. It really does have a folk art feel to it with all the little details. So sweet!

carol (krillsister) said...

Cute card. Love the cups with the bird on top. Those colors are wonderful

Sue from Oregon said...

This is super cute Lynn!

BethieJ said...

Lynn this is CUTE CUTE CUTE!! Outside and Inside!! :) Love how you combined these sets!!!
Have a GREAT day!

Jill said...

What an adorable combination, Lynn! I am SO case-ing this! :-D Love your color choices too--they make the card so peppy and happy! Thank you for photographing the inside--it looks terrific, just like the front! Great, great job!

Jen Adcock said...

WHat a happy card. Such a visual delight with all that you have so wonderfully combined. Such a well put together card. Well done.

Vicki Stys said...

So cute, Lynn! Love all the colors together, the patterned cups and of course the sweet little bird... how fun! Inside is great, too : )

Dawn Easton said...

Lynn, this is FABULOUS! Love the stamps you used and the fun pattern papers! GREAT colour choices!!!

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

BEAUTIFUL card-so bright and cheery! Inside is pretty, too! I usually have a cat trying to "help me" when I photograph my cards-at least the pins stay still! lol! Blessings, Sharon