Wednesday, January 25, 2012

CTD#176 - Birthday Wishes


Hello friends!  Before I get to my CTD card today I wanted to apologize for the fact that over the last few days I've been having a problem with my blog.  For some reason when you visit my blog all that shows up right away is my header and left sidebar, the contents of my blog seem to take forever to load and finally appear but they are there.  I've gone over my blog and can't find anything wrong other than the fact that my counter that counts the number of visitor is now missing.  So if you could please bear with me while I try and figure out a way to fix what's going on I would appreciate it, thank you.

On to my card...It's time for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge
Joan is our hostess for this week and she has some pretty colors and a vintage looking photo to inspire all of us.  We hope you'll take the time to play along!
For my card I used the Papertrey Ink stamp set Happy Day along with the coordinating die.  I also used two other PTI dies, the banner die and doily details as well as the MFT rolled rose die.  For the designer paper I used some Fine & Dandy My Mind's Eye.  After putting this card layout together I actually think I like it (I can't always say that).  I wasn't so sure as I was making my card but now that I look at the layout I think I'll use it again.  I've had a thing for banners lately as you can see by a few of my cards this week.
Be sure to check out what the other design team members have come up with for this week's Color Throwdown challenge!

Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits
Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Danielle Kennedy - Wild Dragonfly Designs
Joan Ervin - Stamping With Passion
Keva Brown - How Now Brown Kow
Kristin Eberline - Mindless Creativity
Lori Tecler - Inking Aloud
Tammy Hershberger - Stamp Happy
Wanda Cullen - Cullen-ary Creations
Kerri Michaud - Cards by Kerri
Stacy Morgan - Twinshappy January Guest Designer

Have a great day!

13 comments:

Kerri said...

I love this, Lynn! Awesome layout and your paper rose looks perfect! Your blog loaded fine for me:)

Marisa said...

Great take on the colours and a fabulous card :) Your rolled rose is gorgeous!

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE this layout with the large banner! Great use of the colors! BTW, your blog is working fine for me.

Joan Ervin said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Lynn!!! I sooo love how you used the doily diecut and the tiny rose is just like the one on the dress form in the picture...beautifully done!!!!

Brenda Hall said...

Your blog always loads slow for me, but it is worth the wait!
Beautiful card!

Barbara said...

Love the way you used the colors, Lynn! Love that layout, too!

Stacy Morgan said...

This is super pretty! Great use of all the colors and I like that flower with the pearl center. Thanks for having me guest this month with you guys!

Kelly Schelske said...

Very pretty Lynn, love those colors!

Vicki Stys said...

Beautiful job, Lynn! Great job on the color throwdown! Love the rose and that PTI die is one of my favorites!

dpkennedy said...

Great layout with these colors and a beautiful rolled flower! Lovely card!

Keva said...

This is such a clean perfectly designed card. Love the layout and your flower is perfect!

Broni said...

What a fabulous card! This is the absolute perfect mix of the colors, with a perfect layout too! LOVE it!

Shannon White said...

Oh this is soo Cheery and Pretty! love your Fabulous layout and your Darling rolled rose! Love this! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon