Thursday, August 18, 2011

CPS128 - Thinking of You

Hello everyone and happy Thursday!  This whole summer it feels like all I've done is run my kids around here there and everywhere and these last few weeks before school starts are going to be no exception.  Besides school supplies and clothes shopping it's been orthodontist and dentist appointments, cheerleading practices and next week will be the last session for drivers training for our oldest son before he can get his licence.  It's a busy time of year for any mother that has school age kids.  It's hard to believe that my baby will be starting morning kindergarten the beginning of September, that and my two teenagers will both be in high school.  Time flies while you're busy running kids around, cooking dinners, picking up Lego's and scrubbing toilets, lol.

The card I have for today was created using the Card Patterns Sketch Challenge #128 and the Papertrey Ink Stamp-a-faire stamp set Iconic Images.  With the colors and papers that I used on this card I think it has a country shabby look to it.  I'm mad that I had a ribbon cut to go on my card and after doing the stitching, taping it together and photographing it I forgot to put it on so it is what it is.

Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Pattie said...

It's absolutely beautiful!

Lesley said...

So pretty! Love the double bow and the stamping on the pink background.

Mad for Paper said...

This is just beautiful. I love the combinations of so many different elements.
TFS
Ang

Denise said...

Lynn, you have a beautiful style and I adore that everything is always so polished and neat. This card is stunning and reminds me of a cute country kitchen. HUGS.

Dawn Easton said...

Love this, Lynn! It's so pretty! Lovely papers and stitching!!

Vicki Stys said...

I don't think your card is missing anything, Lynn... although I do understand the frustration. It's absolutely gorgeous with lots of wonderful details (do I say that a lot? Obviously, I'm in awe of how you do that without making it seem too busy). I see you love the new PTI set : )

Good luck with the end of summer running around and getting the kids ready for school. We're leaving Monday to go up north to see my parents and sister and her family. Should be lots of fun! Definitely was a FAST summer!

Kristie W. said...

Beautiful card!! I love the colors you used.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, Lynn... this is so pretty! Love the colors and those images. So shabby! :o)

carol (krillsister) said...

So sos so pretty. I love the papers. Your color combinations are great. Love the double bow, tiny tag & cute flower.

Heather Rogers said...

So very sweet. Love the girls paper and pretty PTI vase of flowers. :)

Unknown said...

Great colors and I love that paper. Reminds me of the wallpaper in my bedroom growing up.

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh this is gorgeous Lynn!

DF said...

Gorgeous! Love your colour scheme.

Fiona Harrison said...

That s such a stunning card. I love that stamp set, and you have done it justice.
I'm excited cause mine arrived today (It is a pity that Australia is such a long way from America).