Wednesday, September 29, 2010

SC300/Color Throwdown - Trendy Trees

Good afternoon! I'm going to keep this short because between the weather going from the mid 80's to the 50's here in Michigan and my husband being sick and coughing, I have a cold :( 
Today I have a CAS {clean & simple} card for two challenges, the Splitcoast Stampers Sketch Challenge #300 and the Color Throwdown Challenge.  Instead of a single image for the focal panel I chose to use the SU stamp set Trendy Trees to create four small images.  The back ground panel was embossed using the Square Lattice Impressions Folder, I added ribbon and brads and used dimensionals to pop up the trees.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your card, it's so clean and pretty!

Unknown said...

I love your card Lynn! I have this set and havent used it yet! Thanks for the inspiration! Congrats on the design team stuff! You really do great work with everything you do!

Nance Leedy said...

Great card Lynn! Love how you've used the colors here--they are perfect with those sweet trees. Hope you are feeling better soon! :-)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous take on the sketch!! Love the colors and your fall design!! Feel better!

Dani said...

Fabulous card! I love it! Hope you all feel better soon.

Vicki S. said...

Cute card, Lynn! I haven't used this set in a while... may just have to pull it out again. Great job on the color challenge, too. Feel better soon!!!

Broni said...

This is SO CUTE! I forgot I had that set. I'll have to pull it out now!! Thanks so much for playing along in the Color Throwdown!

The Other Patti Sue said...

I love this card Lynn... soooo cute! Feel better ;0)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Awesome card Lynn. I love the colors (want to try that combo) and the great images. I have that set and hardly ever use it... this is great inspiration! :o)

LeAnne said...

Gosh, this is a perfect fall set and I haven't had it out once this season! This is wonderful--love it with these colors! Thanks for playing with the CTD this week! Hope you're all feeling better, too!

Dori Shelton said...

Great card! I really like how you took the center panel and made it into four separate panels.

Laura Pryor said...

Such a fun card! I love this stamp set and you've inspired me to get using it! great use of the Throwdown Challenge colors! Thanks for playing along!

Cathy said...

Great card, I love the colors and textures. Great job.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Hey Lynn.... you need to check in!

http://colorthrowdown.blogspot.com/2010/10/featured-stamper-112.html