Sunday, March 14, 2010

SSSC60 - St. Patrick's Day Flower

Good morning!  It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.  You can find this week's sketch on Karen's blog The Sweetest Thing
My card for the sketch looks nothing like what I started out creating, I wanted to make a St. Patrick's Day card using hearts for a four leaf clover and ended up tearing it apart because I wasn't happy with it.  Instead I opted for a white eyelet flower that I learned how to create from my talented up line Kathy at the last Stampin' Up meeting I went to.  She had the prettiest Valentine flower card as a make and take using one of these flowers. 
To make a flower like this you need a 1"x 11" strip of card stock and will need to punch the strip using the Eyelet border punch and feed it into a crimper several times.  You also need a 1 3/8" circle punched from card stock and covered with Tacky Tape.  You'll take your punched strip that's been crimped and tape it down starting from the outside edge of your circle and folding and working toward the center.  For my flower I applied a Flower Fusion felt flower and button to the center and used the leaves from the Sweet Pea Felt Flowers pack which are in the Occasions Mini Catalog.
Supplies: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Word Window punch, Modern Label punch, Cottage Wall DSP, Scallop Trim border punch, Eyelet border punch, Ticket Corner punch, Ribbon, Sweet Pea Felt leaves, Button, String, Flower Fusion felt flower, Perfect Polka Dots Impressions Folder, Tacky Tape, Glue dot.  Colors: Old Olive, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White.

To play along create a card using Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch, then go to Karen’s blog The Sweetest Thing and link your card so we can all see your creation!
Be sure to visit each of the Sweet Sunday Stampers below for more samples using this week’s sketch!

Jennifer Tapler: Jen Tapler Designs
Karen Motz: Paper Playhouse
Laura Fredrickson: Scrapnextras
Sarah-Jane Kale': Janeybell
Vicki Burdick: It's a Stamp Thing
And Karen too!


16 comments:

Vicki (CraftCrazy98) said...

OMGosh... so cute, Lynn!!! I love your flower! I think I'm going to have to finally get a crimper and make one of them. {{12 days!!!!}}

Anonymous said...

Your card is so beautiful. I love the flower. Nadia

Maureen said...

gorgeous!! I love the flower and that it's a St. Patrick's Day card...I'm a St. Patty's dad baby :)

Karen Motz said...

Wow, what a fun card! LOVE that flower!!!

Vicki Burdick said...

awesome card Lynn, I love that flower, very creative, love the button! Great St. Patty's Day card!

jimlynn said...

I have GOT to try to make one of those flowers! So pretty and a great card.

Stacey Schafer said...

super cute, Lynn!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This turned out so cute! Love your ruffled flower!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Lynn, this is darling!

Lee said...

Love your card! The 2 layered flower is really lovely.

Lee x

Kelly Schelske said...

Lovely Lynn! That flower is gorgeous!

Jenny said...

LOVE that flower!!! I need to try and make one!! The greens are stunning!!

Karen Giron said...

I'm speechless!! This is absolutely amazing and THANK YOU for those instructions on the flower - I must give that a try (although I don't have that punch, yet...). Fabulous job with the sketch- I love it on its side like that.

Tina said...

Fun, fun, fun! I love this.

Deb said...

Beautiful colours in this card, I especially love the flower. Thanks for posting the "how to" on it!

Sharon Fritz said...

What a pretty card. Thanks for sharing the details on how to make it.
Sharon Fritz
http://sharonstampsalot.typepad.com