Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Exciting News!

I'm super excited to share that I'm guest designing over at My Favorite Things!!!  I'm honored to have been asked to share some projects that I created using the fun new MFT products from the September release.
For my first card, I used the adorable MFT stamp set Fall Friends.  The first thing I did was to stamp some of the images from the set onto white cardstock and color them using Copic markers. Then I die cut each of the images using the coordinating Fall Friends Die-namics.  I used a white card base then added a panel of cajun craze cardstock that I stenciled using the new Chevron Grid stencil.  After that I cut a rectangle of watercolor paper that I bended with some wild honey distress ink and added a chocolate chip Single Stitched Rectangle Frame and adhered this piece to my card base using foam tape. I stamped my sentiment onto a white cardstock banner and tucked that underneath the edge of my frame and arranged and adhered all of my stamped images, popping up the cute little crow.
For my next card, I again used the new Fall Friends set except this time I highlighted the adorable fox image.  I started out with a white card base then added a panel of cajun craze cardstock and I used the Split Chevron Cover-Up die-namics die in the same color for a cool textured background.  Next I used an oval piece of watercolor paper and blended on some wild honey & ripe persimmon distress inks then added some droplets of water which I blotted with paper towel.  On top of this piece, I added an Oval Single Stitched Frame and adhered this to my card front with foam tape.  Next I adhered my images, popping up the crow with foam tape, added my stamped sentiment and gluing on some copper colored sequins.
For my last card for today I used the sweet Pure Innocence Jumping for Joy stamp set.  I started out by stamping the little girl image and several of the leaves from the set onto white cardstock and coloring them using Copic markers.  Next I assembled my card, I used two square pieces of watercolor paper that I sponged using tumbled glass distress ink, the first piece I adhered to my card base along with a piece of pumpkin pie cardstock stamped with my sentiment, and the second I die cut it using the Circle Spinner Channels die-namics die.  Along the bottom of the second square watercolored piece, I adhered a strip of more mustard cardstock which I had die cut using one of the Stitched Scallop Basics die-namic dies.  I then adhered the Pure Innocence image with foam tape and arranged the leaves around her feet and then assembled five of the leaves for my spinners and adhered the whole panel using foam tape.  I used a Single Stitched Rectangle Frame die-namics in chocolate chip cardstock to finish off my card.
This was such a fun card to create, I love interactive part of it with the leaves falling around her head like she tossed them in the air.  And the Circle Spinner Channels Die was easy to use, if you'd like to see this die in action you can click here for a quick video from MFT.
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Pin It

3 comments:

Karren said...

Congrats on your GD spot. I can totally see why MFT asked you - your cards are fabulous and you've created some wonderful scenes.

donna mikasa said...

So exciting to have you guesting with us, Lynn! Love all your fall themed cards--so warm and festive!

Arte Banale said...

Lovely cards! Your coloring is just perfect and I love your ideas!