Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Sweet Birthday Wishes - (CTD406)

Hi there, crafty friends!  It's time for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge!
I'm using the fun My Favorite Things Celebrate with Cake stamp set again (I'm loving this set for birthday cards and so much more) and made another birthday card.  I used some orange Doodlebug Designs paper for my background, then created a shadowbox affect by die cutting a scalloped frame, one from white cardstock and another from fun foam and glued them together.  Next I used the die cut rectangle from my scalloped frame and used some spiced marmalade distress ink and sponged on some color.  Then I die cut the cake, cake stand, flowers w/leaves and candles and stamped them.  For the layers of cake, I inked them up with hibiscus burst ink and then just along the top of each cake layer I dabbed them into raspberry fizz ink for an ombre effect.  Once all of my pieces were stamped, I adhered them into the window of my frame and added my sentiment banner and tiny pearls to the centers of the flowers.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Wanda Guess - August Guest Designer


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.
Pin It

4 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Lynn, this is such a gorgeous b-day card! Love the sunny glow radiating behind the cake!

Marybeth said...

Beautiful birthday cake ,Lynn! Love colors and your blended background !

Broni said...

I love the boldness of the oranges with the soft pink, Lynn! Such a pretty and happy card!

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous card! I love it!